1,678 days! That's a helluva time off don't you think? How many things have happened since we last spoke? Well I suppose I will take this moment to have a catch-up of sorts...
In a nutshell:
- I graduated from NHTI with an Associates in Accounting the Summer of '13.
- I finally couldn't take being away from my family and in the Fall of '13 Mi Gringito and I moved back to Miami.
- I became a mom to the cutest little boy in the Fall of '14 (we shall call him El Rubio for the Blog's sake).
- Both Mi Gringito and I went back to school the Summer of '15 at Southern New Hampshire University.
- Last summer I went to DC for the first time to attend the OAC's Your Weight Matters Convention with one of my dearest friends, Arnah. I met two of my favorite Blogesses as well as so many wonderful people that I now call friends.
- School was very tough this time around and took a toll -- probably because I also was taking care of a toddler (more on him later). I finished all my courses on December 20th, 2016 and as I posted my last paper I cried. Happy tears; tears of accomplishment; tears of gratitude.
- On Mother's Day 2017 I went back to New Hampshire to cross the stage and graduated with a Bachelor's of Business, Human Resources.
I can't complain (because, really who wants to listen to that?) -- life and God have treated me very well.
Do I miss living in New England? Sometimes -- like when my face is melting and it's still 95 degrees at 10 p.m. Also 99% of the time that I'm driving anywhere in this town...but I digress...I realize that physically being with my loved ones was more important than what I had up there. FaceTime, Skype and all that technology is fine, but there's nothing like real hugs & kisses from Mami when I'm feeling down.
Am I where I thought I'd be at 36? Not really - but I'm getting there and positive thinking is probably the step in the right direction.
I'm still cooking and experimenting and will get back to posting those recipes since I know you've been dying to see what's going on in my kitchen...Lord knows I have dozens of pictures I've taken since my hiatus in hopes that I'd one day be inspired to post again.
My hope is to be able to speak to you as frequently as humanly possible -- but at least once or twice a month.
What do you think? Happy to see me back or should I just hang my coat on the rack and call it a day...? Happy Friday, Readers!