Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pollo A La Plancha con Vegetales Mixto y Estuffing...

I am sometimes at a loss for what to make for dinner. I honestly do not like to be repetitive because even the tastiest thing the in the world can get boring if that's what you eat day in and day out. Hence my utter loathing of picadillo, but that's another story for another day.

Today I was stuck in that predicament. I have to thank God that Mi Gringito isn't a picky eater.  I honestly don't think he has ever said something I have cooked was not good.  I oftentimes joke to him that I could probably serve him roasted poo and he'd like it.

I decided on simple and flavorful.  Seasoned chicken with vegetables and stuffing.  This has got to be one of the simplest dishes to cook and it honestly takes very little time.  If you preseason your chicken and leave it marinating in the fridge for the day, you can have yourself a pretty darn good meal in under thirty minutes once you get home.

Pollo A La Plancha con Vegatales Mixto y Estuffing...
Ingredients:

  • Chicken Breasts
  • Olive Oil (twice around the skillet)
  • Dry White Cooking Wine
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Cumin
  • Sazon Completa (optional)
  • 1 pk Frozen Mixed Vegatables
  • 1 pk Stove Stop Stuffing - Whole Wheat Chicken


Cut your chicken breasts into 1/4" thick pieces. Season both sides of the pieces with the garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and sazon completa.  I don't use measurements, I just make sure they are completely covered in seasoning.  You can omit the sazon completa for a less salty version.

Heat the olive oil in a 10-inch skillet.  Cook the chicken pieces approximately 6 minutes on each side, pouring some cooking wine into the skillet at the three minute mark on each side.

Can you hear it sizzle?

Place the frozen vegetables in a steamer bag (I use Reynolds Zip & Steam Bags) and add about 1/2 Tbsp of sazon completa.  Steam according to package directions.

I use these things day in and day out!

Prepare Stuffing according to package directions.


Mi Gringito loved it and I think it rivals any chicken I've eaten at La Carreta or Latin America!

Since I am on a dieta (cuando no?), I opted out of the "estuffing" and gave myself more veggies.  Mi Gringito was allowed the full experience. Mmmm...que rico!





Can't forget postre...Mi Gringito ate one of the muffins and I had a bowl of mixed fruits:  blueberries, strawberries, cantaloupe & oranges.

One Billion Calories!

A lot less calories!

On a side note, I honestly love the smell the house gets after I cook something...the fact that my hair and clothes smell that way? Not so much!

Happy Cooking & Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment